I've been a member of this group for several months and have learned a lot.
I'm a retired engineer.  Age 69.  Diagnosed with essential tremor 18 years
ago.  During the last 6 years I've tried most essential tremor and parkinson
medicines with very little effect.  About 2 years ago my diagnosis was
changed to PD.

Tremor is still my worst symptom however I now have several other PD
symptoms.  The last time I tried synemet CR there was a slight reduction of
symptoms.  I am presently taking eldepryl (10 mg per day) and amitriptyline
(25 or 50 mg per day) to help me sleep. I am trying to put off taking synemet
again for as long as possible and plan to talk to my neurologist about this
next month.

Jim Hadley([log in to unmask])