Rick -

thanks very much for sending along Ruth's message.  Is she sending her
material on palimpsets and quilting just to you?  Any way she could add me
to her list?  I working with the quilting metaphor, among others, to try to
talk about "weaving writing."

I read a wonderful comment on the wall at a show of Middle Eastern carpets
here recently that might interest her: "What appears to an outsider as a
disjunctive passage in a village carpet may be the record of a 'visit' by a
sister, a cousin, or a friend of the principal weaver."

To avoid cluttering the list, Ruth can reach me at [log in to unmask] if
she's interested in a conversation.  I certainly am interested in her work.

jean