--Boundary (ID 5aMVWQTZlHCuWAcG/KNUxg)

To All:

I was diagnosed with PD in June.  I am 58 yrs old and still working. I take
Eledepryl twice a day (the second one at noon) and Amantadine twice a day (the
second one around 5:00 PM).  My problem is sleeping.  I don't have any problem
going to sleep, but somewhere between 2:30 AM and 3:30 AM, I wake up and am
very restless the rest of the night. I have tried taking Benadryl at night,
but it doesn't seem to help.  I was always a person who went to sleep as soon
as my hear hit the pillow and would sleep soundly until the alarm went off.  I
would occassionaly have to get up during the night, but would immediately go
back to sleep.  Now it takes be about 1/2 hr to go to sleep and once I wake up
during the night, I will wake up 10-12 times and have trouble going back to
sleep.  My question is this something I am going have to live with the rest of
my life?  Needless to say, I am very tired all of the time.  I would like to
add that I used to take a short nap when I cam home from work.  I even cut
that out thinking that I would sleep better at night.

My main symptoms are tremor in my right foot, leg and hand, some rigidity on
my right side and some toe curling in my right foot (not bad enough to give me
cramps as I have seen on this list).

This list as been very helpful to me in understanding PD.  I am grateful that
I am still in the early stages and hopeful that something new will come along
before I get much more advanced.

Thank you in advance of any advice you can give me.

Dora Walters

--Boundary (ID 5aMVWQTZlHCuWAcG/KNUxg)--