>Here is a testimony from Randy Clark's conference in Tennessee last week before
>coming to Philadelphia (he gave us permission to post this). Pray for all of us
>in Philadelphia that the local inner-city community would be touched in the
>renewal meetings here.
>===============
>Anne Harrison, age 49, was healed of advanced stage of Parkinson's disease
>November 28, 1995 at Trinity Music City, Hendersonville, Tennessee. She felt
>strongly impressed by the Holy Spirit to attend the Renewal Meeting led by
>Randy Clark when she saw the announcement in the paper.  Having never heard
>of Randy or of the Toronto Blessing she simply felt impressed of God to go to
>the meeting and have Randy pray for her.

How self-serving of Randy to give permission to post news of a "miracle"
that he "just happened to take part in". (insert saracastic tone here)

"It riles them to believe
that you perceive
the web they weave
and keep on thinking free"

- The Moody Blues "On The Threshold Of A Dream"

When I was in 2nd grade, I was diagnosed with "leg perthes".  Perthes is a
degenerative bone disease. The cure for this situation was to walk on
crutches with my right leg supported from 3-4 years while the bone got
stronger. As you could imagine at 7 years old, adjusting to the fact that
my world had turned upside down and I had to simply adjust with the
situation was not easy at first though I made it through that time.

About a year after I'd been on crutches, I was watching television one
Sunday morning and saw a show where "miraculous healing" was taking place.
People with walkers, in wheelchairs, and in various states of distress were
one by one relieved of their suffering. I remember crying and wondering if
places like this existed and if this sort of thing was on the up-and-up,
why couldn't I be taken there so that I could run again or ride bikes like
my friends or not have to be carried down the school steps by the janitor
during fire drills? I digress.

I learned then and as I grew older that all is not as it seems...I learned
about "rigged games" or "illusions". I've learned not to put all my hopes
in one spot or wear my heart on my sleeve. Disappointments can come hard at
any age.

The post disturbed me for many reasons. Hendersonville, TN is as prone to
this type of event as it is to moonshine and snake-handling (I grew up in
Memphis). Regenerated brain cells instantly?.....I don't think so. I feel
that this type of  unverified information is too cruel to mention this to
the PD newsgroup where many of us dream of that type of thing.  Also,
because for a second, I was a little boy again wishing I too could have my
physical distresss removed forever.....

David Boots
37/5.5