Here are some suggestions for those using AOL software.  I will assume the
MAC version and the PC version are similar.

There are some settings that are important.  So lets go thru some of them.

Click on "Mail" to get its menu and than on "Flash Sessions"
Put an X in the following boxes:
  Return unread mail
  ... and attached file
  Send outgoing mail
  Download selected files

Now click on "Members" to get its menu. and then on "Preferences"
There are 8 icons buttons.   You should go through all the buttons.  I will
only go through those of interest for flash mail.

Click on "Passwords" - enter your password here and you will not need to
reenter it every time you perform a flash session.  This also makes your
system "unsecured".

Click on "Mail" - I have all five boxes checked

Click on "Personal Filing Cabinet" - I have both boxes checked

That should just about do it.  If you start a flash session and you are not
on AOL, it will sign on to AOL and check if you have unread mail.  If so, it
will transfer the mail to your filing cabinet.  If a file is attached to the
mail message, that file will be downloaded also (special graphics shows time
remaining, etc.).  On the PC the downloaded file will be put in the director
c:\aol25\download.  This assumes your hard disk is drive C and the AOL
software is loaded in directory AOL25.

I do not use a MAC, so someone will have to help on those issues.

Regards,
Alan Bonander
Age 55, Diag 11 yrs, liquid meds, pallidotomy