Ken & David,

Yes, God is capable of performing a miracle as described.  At least I
believe he is.  Something I came to realize a couple of years ago, and it
was a very painful learning experience was that God has his own plan for me.
Maybe we don't always understand it and alot of times we don't like the
process we go through to get there but it is there.  I also believe that God
intends for us to be happy and he knows better than we do what will make us
happy.  It was a very painful experience that taught me this but I would
have to say that I am glad to have learned it the first time and don't want
to go through it again.  Alot of times on this list I see people say things
about what blessings have been given them since being diagnosed with PD.  I
always think, they know the secret.  There is something good in everything,
sometimes you just have to look for it.  I don't mean to sound like it is
easy, because certainly it is not when you are going through a difficult
situation.  I know living with PD is not easy.

The story that was posted upsets people (understandably so) because they
think that if God performed the miracle of curing one person he should do
the same for everyone who has the disease.  I don't think he works that way.
The miracle described, true or not, is definatly possible with God.  The
risk is that some people might start to believe that the person acting as
God's conduit is actually God.  Even he might start to believe it.  That of
course is extremely scary.

That is my commentary on the situation, for whatever it's worth.

Nancy Walker