I just wanted to let our 1000 member strong list know about an exciting
event i will soon experience.

I have recently decided to pursue a Pallidal Stimulation surgery: I have
reached my threshold of timing my daily love around my medications to
control my tremor, and the effectiveness of my meds has gone steadily down.
I desire a better quality of life and believe the stimulation procedure
offers the best, safest chance.  The meds erect a fog around my mind and
i'm tired of feeling "dopped up" all the time.  I realize i will probably
still have to take meds, but hopefully fewer doses.

A pallidotomy never intrigued me; the idea of eliminating a piece of my
brain in the name of progress was a hurdle i could not jump; it seems to
have worked well for many others on this list and i am very glad for that.
It just wasn't the procedure for me.

I fly to the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas on
January 8, 1996 and will be evaluated the following day to determine if i
am a viable candidate for their "Pallidal Stimulation" research study.
They are doing five surgeries there.  I am keeping all my fingers and toes
crossed.  IF i'm accepted, surgery should be very soon after. I will be
required to fly back several times a year for followups (from California).
I will keep the list posted.

"Peace from the Clouds"                              \--*MH*--/

Jeffrey R. Romanyshyn, M.A, M.H.             Email: [log in to unmask]
"Myth Hawk"

28/Diagnosed 3yrs/Sinemet CR 2x/Sinemet 10/100 as morning booster and as
needed/Eldepyrl 5mg 1x/Rolfing (Deep Body Massage/Lift Weights-Cycle--4-5
times per week

"Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist after
he grows up." - Picasso.

"Summoned or not, (the) god will be present."
(motto of the Oracle at Delphi)

If you wish, please check out some of my poetry (written under the
psuedonym ROM CARPATHIAN) and other fine literary creations at the M. David
Lewis Enterprises HomePage at: http://www.mdle.com/jefflist.html