When first diagnosed with PD I  would go on my own drug holidays
because my neuro said "don't be afraid to experiment."  So I did.
After being on generic carbilevadopa\L-dopa 25/100 3 times a day and
2 eldepryl a day for about 2 weeks he lowered dose to eldepryl 1/2
tab daily and 1/2 to 1 tab c\l-d 3X a day.  Over the following
few months I would occasionally stop all RX and my stiffness would
start to return within a week.  My tremors continued to worsen no
matter what the RX dose.  Then from Oct. 16 to Nov. 2 I (experiment)
1/2 tab eldepryl and 1 tab carbi\L-dopa 2 X day then stopped all
meds. Stiffness did not return until 3 months later when I
resumed taking no eldepryl and 1/2 tab carbi\l-dopa 2 X day.
MOST INTERESTING OBSERVATION WAS THAT (AS RESULT OF RX?) ITCHY,
SCALY SCALP CLEARED UP; WAX IN EARS CHANGED TO MORE MOIST & LESS
ITCHY AND BLEPHARITIS ON LEFT EYE LID GONE!  THESE WERE LONG STANDING
CONDITIONS THAT VARIOUS DERMATOLOGISTS HAD BEEN UNABLE TO CORRECT WITH
DOWN THE GULLET MEDICINES AND SMEAR THIS STUFF ON ONINTMENTS.
*****DO DERMATOLOGISTS TALK TO NEUROLOGISTS?????*******
This above experiment was 1994.  Even now I occassionally stop RX
because my head feels BIG.  Sinemet CR worse than generic medicine
for causing "fat head" feeling.  Edepryl seemed to cause sores on
gums so stopped taking it.  When head no longer feels fat or when
stiffness returns I start medicine again.  Wonder what I'm doing
to my PD with this intermitent dosing?