Time to re-post this message in case there are new PDlist members who are
interested in the CARE caregiver's list.  We now have 31 members!Camilla
Dear Friends on the PD list-- this is to let you all know that we have
started a "sublist" of this main one, which is especially for caregivers.
This grew out of feelings expressed that there were some times when caregivers
needed to be able to "blow off steam" in a place where they would not upset
or hurt their carepartners. Some of us have caregivers' support groups where
we can "safely" express feelings as well as get practical advice and share
our experiences--but many do not. The CARE list(stands for "Caregivers Are
Really Essential") can serve that purpose for them. Please be aware that
we do NOT want to shut off communication from caregivers on the main list--
quite the opposite, and messages will often be forwarded/crossposted to the
main list. We do not anticipate that this sublist will drain off interest
in any way.Rather, it will be like the times in our PD support group when
we divide the group(for a few meetings a year)with Parkies talking together
and caregivers talking with each other. As we don't have a listserv, I've
agreed to forward messages within the group. Anyone who is interested or has
questions can reach me offlist at: [log in to unmask]