Greetings,
    I am a 34-year old daughter of a Parkinsons patient.  My mom is 69, diag-
nosed 7 years ago, a widow and mother of five adult children.  She has recent-
ly been told that she a rare form of Parkinsons called "Diffuse Louie-Body
Disease" or DLD.  As the name suggests, DLD's effects are spread wider in the b
rain than typical Parkinsons.  The treatment possibilities are also more limit-
ed.  During two previous drug trials and a round with amantidine, she has shown
 a proclivity to hallucinations, so she has only been taking Eldepryl and Zolof
t(the only drug that produces marked improvement so far).  Her MD said the only
treatment option would be to try Sinemet + Clozaril first while hospitalized,
then with intense follow-up(i.e. 2-week in-pt rehab and clinic visits once/week

Does anyone on the list have DLD?  If so, what has been your treatment of choic
e and with what results?  I certainly appreciate having this forum to draw upon

Thanks,
Marianne
(Mom 69, dx 7 yrs, DLD, Eldepryl, Zoloft)