---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 13:31:06 -0800
From: Micheal L. Kirby <[log in to unmask]>
To: Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Welcome

Ms. Patterson,

I thank you for your welcome and all the information about the PD group.
This group is of particular interest to me because I am currently
conducting research on environmental factors contributing to idiopathic
Parkinson's disease.  The implications of numerous epidemiological studies
have suggested a link with pesticides (insecticides are very plausible, in
that the overwhelming majority of these chemicals are neurotoxins, display
some selectivity for the basal ganglia, and older, "nastier" chemistries
have high environmental longevity).  I hope to make many valuable
contributions to this group.  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Michael L. Kirby