Yes, artane is good for treating tremor. It is the mildest of the 3 drugs
(L-DOPA, amantadine, artane) most commonly use for PD treatment. However,
it's not for everyone. The PD patient in my family takes it every so often
(every few weeks) when feeling the need for an anti-cholinergic boost but
takes it at night  so it doesn't interfere with day activities (but it does
seem to interfere with sleep). It's not to be taken when driving, my user
feels it interferes with thought processes also. Older people who take it
find it contributes to confusion. It may make you dizzy as well. Overdose
signs include dry mouth and constipation. You don't want to overdo your
anti-cholinergic component of treatment (Alzheimer's disease is due to
anti-cholinergic processes, hence probably the more subtle confusion,etc.
side effects of anti-cholinergic drugs in treatment of PD).

Delana Vaughan