Last Monday I had my annual endoscopy of the colon performed at one of the
major hospitals in Grand Rapids Michigan.  Prior to the procedure the nurse
was going over her check list, advised me the physician who was performing
the endoscopy used Demerol along with the sedative.  I advised her that I had
recently been advised by the Parkinson network that if one was taking
Eldrypl. the administration of Demerol could be fatal.  She acknowledged she
was unaware of this and called the hospital pharmacist.  After some
discussion between the two of them she reported the pharmacist did indeed say
there was some incidences reported where this has occurred.  After conferring
with the physician she reported back to me that he choose to use Talwin
instead of Demerol.  Having pre reported my taking Eldrypl in my chart I can
only assume he knew of this possible interaction between the two drugs.
 Since I believe we should be personally responsible for own health, whenever
possible, it is a good idea to keep in mind what we learn from this net as
well as other sources.

Jim Ryan
56/7