>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 05:06:25 -0800
>Subject: CARE:  g'nite

<----snip---->

        Now, another subject.  When I replied to Camilla's Anxiety message, I
>saw that CareGivers were specifically addressed so I selected the "Reply
All"
>option.  A bit later, after sening the message, I called Becky to say good
night
>and asked her what she worried about.  At that point she said, "You talked
about
>my worrying on the Internet!"  'Course my response was yes, followed by how
did
>you know.  Becky has a friend, Sheryll, who has PD and is on the list.  It
turns
>out that the listserv address was included in Camilla's original message and
>didn't see because of the CareGiver names.  Becky wasn't angry, more amused
>because Sheryll said that my messages concerning are always sweet, Whew!
 Bottom
>line, I thought that I was responding to just the CareGiver list
> and it went off to the entire listserv.

To beat a dead horse (my favorite exercise) I thought that the original
intention of the sub-list was to allow CGs to discuss their own problems and
anxieties without fear of their loved ones reading the message on the main
list.  Perhaps then forwarding the message to the main list *anonymously*,
and with permission of the original poster, if it seemed appropriate.
 Several messages have been forwarded by Camilla in this manner, both to the
main list and to this list, when she has received private responses or new
messages.

There have been suggestions that if we want to forward the message to the
main list we should do so personally (thus endeth anonymity!) in order to
avoid too many postings of the same message.  Also, as Jeff has discovered,
it is easy to unintentionally send messages to both lists when replying to a
message that was originally posted to both.

Do we have exact guidelines for this?  I have set up my own message list
using the information provided by jeff so that each message I send should
reach everybody on this sub-list--and *only* this sub-list(if I missed
someone this time, give me a holler and I'll add 'em.).  For those who may
not be able to do so, perhaps messages could be directed to only one person
with instruction to "forward to list."  Camilla has already offered to do
(and has done) this.  I am offering to forward messages to the main list
under my name (Manderwiz@AOL) for those who would like a main list posting
but wish to remain anonymous--as I suspect that an anonymous posting would
receive the "You do not have posting rights" message.

If I have missed the fact that someone is already performing this service,
then I offer to help as needed.

I will cross-post this to the PD list for comments from all.

Thanks, Camilla for getting everything going here. It's obvious from the
increased participation that this sub-list has been desired by many of the
CGs on the main list.

Thanks also to everyone who responded to my ranting and raving about Dad and
his situation.  You've been very encouraging and have given me excellent
suggestions about how to proceed.  Wish me luck.

joyce also known as Manderwiz