I am writing on behalf of a nursing student who cares for a PD patient
at home.  The lady is 86 years old and was diagnosed with PD 3 years
ago.  She has a shuffling gait, masked facies, difficulties with
balance, and depression.  No meds for PD have been prescribed.
According to the student, after seeing multiple doctors in this area,
she received ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) three times a week for 5
weeks this summer, later reduced to once a week.  Just recently she
was placed on thiothexene, an antipsychotic that is sometimes used for
depression but has the side effect of inducing extrapyramidal
symptoms.  I have grave doubts about the entire treatment regimen and
would welcome any comments or suggestions.  Remember, I have not seen
the lady.  Thanks.