--Boundary (ID Ba9t/mXjB4s1DOXz/zihEQ)

Ok Patricia, I got your hint.  Actually I meant to write you before, but just
didn't get around to it.  I feel the same way as you do, I was diagnosed at
age 57 and I'm 58 now and also still struggling with the first year.  I don't
have any problems being dizzy and am only tired when I can't sleep.  Otherwise
I still seem to have as much energy as I always had, I only do things slower.
In fact before I was diagnosed, I noticed that I was doing things a lot
slower, including walking, putting on my makeup, needlework etc.  I too, feel
like I am too young to have this disease.  I told my husband that, after I was
diagnosed.  I always thought PD was something you got in your 70's or 80's.  I
also didn't know how bad the disease could get.  I thought it was just
shaking.  When there was a suspicion that I had PD, I started reading
everything I could find.  Unfortunately my encyclopedias are old and they gave
a grim picture of what the future could hold.  I was angry and scared (still
am somewhat) that fate had dealt this to me.  When I first went to my neuro,
he was very reassuring that there are great strides made in the management of
this disease and probably twenty or thirty years down the line I won't be any
worse than I am now.  I sure hope so.  I don't take Sinnemet yet, I just take
Eldepryl and Amantadine.
So hang in there, there is a wealth of information on this list and elsewhere
on the internet.

Dora Walters

--Boundary (ID Ba9t/mXjB4s1DOXz/zihEQ)--