> I was angry and scared (still
>am somewhat) that fate had dealt this to me.  When I first went to my neuro,
>he was very reassuring that there are great strides made in the management
of
>this disease and probably twenty or thirty years down the line I won't be
any
>worse than I am now.  I sure hope so.

I've been reading for a couple of weeks and I think I found the right spot.
 My mother-in-law was diagnosed with PD a month ago.  She is retired, early
60's, and very loving.  When someone is diagnosed with PD, what
medication/exercise/diet/treatment regimine is typically prescribed?  I'm
afraid that she's not doing ANYTHING and has simply "accepted" PD as her
cross to bear in life.  I want to support her and would appreciate your
ideas.

Also, PD seems to run in my wife's family (I've read that it's hereditary and
that symptoms appear at progressively younger ages each generation.)  Any
tips for me to reassure/support my wife?

Thanks for your ideas and thanks for letting me listen in.

Terry