Hi! I would like to introduce myself to the group.  My name is Rachael, I
live in Boston, MA, and I work at The Monster Board (an on-line career hub,
so I use the Internet all day everyday!)  Less than one year ago my Mother
was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.  After close to two years of being
misdiagnosed, they thought she had had a stroke etc., this was bitter sweet
news.  I am very close with my parents and was obviously saddened by this
news, however she now had a diagnosis and could take appropriate action.  I
am confident in my Mother's Doctors, she is currently being seen at Yale/New
Haven Hospital, however I feel that I need to be as aware and as
knowledgable about Parkinson's as I can be.  Also my mother is not on-line
and so I would like to do this for her as well.  I am concerned that my
mother is not involved in any support groups, nor is my father who is now
retired and working as a consultant from home - so he is very much so my
Mother's main caregiver.  I would like to learn more about life with
Parkinson's, what we have to look forward to as a family, tips for my
mother.  These are some of the things I hope to get from this newsgroup.
Thank You.
Rachael Albert
Account Coordinator
The Monster Board