.  It goes like this.  Lay on your back on the floor.  Prop your
>head up slightly by a small pillow.  Rest your legs on a chair, coffee table
>or something of similar height so that your leg from the knee down is resting
>on this surface.  Now spread your arms straight out from your body and
>resting on the floor.   Once you get into this position, think of relaxing
>situations, a time at the ocean, watching the warm fire in a fireplace on a
>cold winter day, or what ever it is that relaxes you.  My guess is you will
>fall asleep for a period of under 30 minutes.  When you awake, you are like
>new.
>
>Now this works for me in the later afternoon only.  When I was working, I
>would do this about 3 - 4 in the afternoon.  The secretary would hold all
>calls until I would wake up.  It was the only accommodation I asked for when
>employed.  I highly recommend it and would like to know if it works for
>others.
>

>Regards,
>Alan Bonander
>Age 55, Diag 11 yrs, liquid meds, pallidotomy

This is probably the only way I have been able to continue to work! In fact
I just moved closer to work so that I would not be so likely to miss my noon
nap. In the five years before diagnosis, I would become so tired from
dragging my uncooperative body around, I learned to get through the day by
napping at lunch. Now that I suffer the delightful side effect of sinemet,
poor sleep habits, it is just as vital to my ability to carry on.

It's amazing how restorative a 20 minute nap can be! My family considers it
vital to my health, and I get a lot of encouragement to not miss it. Also, I
don't struggle with a BIG OFF in the evening if I am careful not to let
myself get exhausted during the day.

Kathie Tollifson