I'm sorry this info won't be of any help to your friends, but just to
mention that there are occasional remarks in the research literature
about iron imbalance in the brain. It can only be discovered in
tissue samples from surgery or in postmortem studies. I have wondered
if iron is responsible for the dark color of the normal substantia nigra.
I can only hope that someday a cure can be found for such a terrible
disease.

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road
Sherman Oaks CA 91403