Hi, Camilla.  RE your question about 'spreading the word'.

Last spring, I agreed to write an article about our group for the
Parkinson's Society of Ottawa-Carleton (Ontario, Canada) "Parkinson
Paper" which is produced by the Society four times a year.  The article
was accepted for publication in the September issue (I haven't seen it
yet).

In October, I was invited to speak to the Hamilton (Ontario, Canada) Support
Group about our discussion group.  There was a great deal of interest
shown from the support group members.  I'm not sure if any of them joined
us, though.

Also in October, I did a poster presentation at the Canadian National
Conference in Toronto (where I got to meet some of our members in
person).  Again, I'm not sure if any of them joined us although there
were a number of interested people.

Earlier this week, I received some 'snail mail' from one of our members,
Robin Ruffell, from British Columbia, Canada.  It included an article by
Pam Blackstone ([log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]) which was
published in the "Victoria (B.C., Canada) Times Colonist", a copy of "The
Transmitter"  (Newsletter of the Parkinson's Association of Victoria
(B.C., Canada)"  which contained an article by Robin, titled "Parkinson's
on the Internet" and a copy of the November, 1994 issue of "American
Parkinson Disease Association's Young Parkinson's Newsletter" from Santa
Maria, California which had an article "PD on the Information Highway".
Thank you, Robin, for sending these on to me.

A while ago, Joe Bruman sent me a message (which I have very foolishly
misplaced...sorry, Joe).  In it he had listed the names, addresses and
phone numbers of Parkinson's Groups in the United States.  I had planned
to forward it to this discussion group and ask them to add the same
information from their own country (after adding the information for
Canada).  If you think this would be useful, especially to those who are
newly diagnosed, we could do it.

The National Foundation in Canada can be reached at:

Jan Ozechowsky, Field Director
The Parkinson Foundation of Canada
710 - 390 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5H 2Y2
Telephone:  416-366-0099
        or  1-800-565-3000
Fax:  416-366-9190

The word must be spreading...this morning our first member from Russia
joined us.  :)

Barb