I am David Moreland and I live in Salem, Oregon, USA. I am 52 years of =
age and was diagnosed with PD eight years ago. I am a utility and =
industrial appraiser. I work for the Oregon Department of Revenue. My =
pilgrimage with PD is probably not unlike many who are young =
Parkinsonians. When I was first diagnosed, my neurologist was near =
retirement and he knew little about PD. Consequently I, being ignorant =
was soon taking way too much Sinemet.
Within a very few years I became diskinetic. By the time last summer =
rolled around I was taking !/2 X 25/100 enough times to total five. I =
was also taking a total of 3mg permax and 10mg Eldepryl. My condition =
was either very off or very diskinetic. I was put in contact with DR Kim =
Burchiel at Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) On August 21, 1995 =
I had a bilateral Pallidotomy. Dr. Burchiel preformed the surgery. I =
can't begin to explain the improvement that I have experienced. It was =
just fantastic! Of course I still take  about five 25/100s and 1.5mg =
permax.

Besides being a parkinsonian I am married to the wife of my youth (32 =
years) We raised five children and now have five grandchildren.
Well this has rambeled on long enough.