Parkinson's Disease & VITILIGO

        Recent posts on this subject have raised some interesting questions for
me in light of some observations we have made at Loma Linda University Medical
Center.
        These being:
        a.  90 % of Parkinson's patients seem to have blue, green  or hazel eyes
as opposed to brown or dark eyes.
        b.  We have yet to see an African-American with Parkinson's Disease

        Could it be that there is a relationship between the loss of the pigment
neuromelanin in the substantia nigra and people with skin which lacks melanin?
Or stated another way could melanin serve as a protector against Parkinson's
Disease?

Don

Dr. Don Berns
4943 Del Monte Rd.