Happy Holidays to all,
  I just received my "Parkinson Action Network" newsletter today.  Get
your printers rev'ed up.
  Joan Samuelson writes - Feds lean against Pallidotomy coverage.  An
official for the HEALTH CARE FINANCING ADMINISTRATION, the federal agency

that administers Medicare funding, reports that its November Technical
Advisors Group meeting found a 'lackk of scientific evidence of the med-
ical effectiveness' of the procedure.

The non-coverage policy becomes effective after it is recirculated for
final review by the federal agencies involved. That step is often simply
a courtesy. you can write to-
Helth Care Financing Adm.  Bruce Vladeck, administrator
200 Independence Ave.  SW , Rm.314-G  Washington DC 20201 or Thomas Ault,
director, Office of Bureau of Policy Development, HCFA 7500 Security Blvd
MSC50114, Baltimore MD  21244.

I feel the Fed. Gov, is going to  put lumps of coal in my Yuletide stocking
Please write, we must be heard.

Margie Nestler  246 Woodridge Dr  Carnegie PA 15106
61  PD 3.5