Dear List Members,
     Responding to the various posts "Not Even 60 Yet",
I'm reading a book about pain called The Gift Nobody
Wants, by Dr.Paul Brand.
     At one point he says (his opinion) the  most
detrimental emotions to overall health are bitterness and
anger and the most positive influence is gratitude.
     I don't know exactly how you get there, but various
people on this list have expressed some form of
gratitude, some for PD itself, others for the meds, for
surgical procedures, that it isn't worse than it is,
whatever.      When Ginny was diagnosed she called the
Parkinson's hot line at Good Samaritan Hospital in
Portland where she talked to a Parkinsonian volunteer who
didn't downplay that it would be tough, but also said
there are far worse diseases floating around, and that if
you had to get one, this one at this time is a better
deal than some others.
     I don't want to sound like Pollyanna, that
everything is just wonderful.  It is tough and it gets
tougher.  But I think it's essential for every one of us
to find and hang onto something positive about our lives.
     Have a wonderful holiday,
     Pete & Gin Morgan