Here are a couple of unrelated thoughts.

Young-onset resources-
        Awhile back someone was looking for some YOPD resources an several
were provided. I would like to add the "Young Parkinson's Disease Handbook",
Available from the APDA, 1-800-223-2732.  I think they are asking a dollar
or two donation to cover mailing.  This book was published eariler this year
is 130 pages and contains information on a wide range of subjects, written
by experts.  It also contains a discussion of PD medications and a glossary
of PD terms. I think it is an excellent reference (if I do say so myself ;)
)  In addition, the APDA Young Parkinson's I&R Center (Young Parkinson's
Support Network) is being moved from Calif. to the APDA Chicago I&R Center.
The 800 number for that center (800 223-9776) should be re-connected in a
week or two.

Liquid Sinemet-
        It was mentioned that someone had extreme problems using liquid
sinemet mixed with water rather than orange juice.  I find this very strange
as my wife, Arlette, has been using LS with tap water and Vit. C for two
years now and it has worked very well, with virtually no change in
medication level in the past two years. (35cc LS every hour, 2 Amantadine/day)

Barbara-
        I was responsible for the mix-up of U. Toronto and McMaster in the
Young PD Newsletter, I thought they were somehow related.  I would like to
include info on this list in the "International PD Resource Guide", I am
currently working on the 3rd edition, which will be published early next
year.  The current edition is available on the PD web site at
http://neuro-chief-e.mgh.harvard.edu/parkinsonsweb/Main/PDmain.html
along with the Young PD Handbook.

Simon-
        You expressed an interest in producing a PD CD-ROM. One of the drug
companies had some interest in that direction a couple of years ago, but
dropped the idea.  I'll look around and see if there is any interest now.  I
do have a complete list of medical journal articles relating to PD with
abstracts dating from 1965 to the present. This would be ideal for a CD if
it could be matched to a search engine. At present this file is about 15
Megabytes.  If anyone is interested the more recent abstracts (2 years
worth) are available for downloading from the APDA sponsored Young PD BBS at
805 734-4950.  Sorry the BBS is not on the internet.  These abstracts are
filed by month.  I get them directly from the National Library of Medicine
each month. Each file is about Zipped to 30-40 Kbytes and can be downloaded
at up to 14400 baud.