Wendy,

I've been out of touch with you for awhile, but I havenb't forgotten
about you.  I just wanted to be able to give you some news on what I've
been doing.

I have the greatest repect for your methodical engineer's brain, so,
although I've been skeptical about alternative therapies, I decided to
give a holistic doctor a try because of your recommendations.  What an
eye-opener!  She had my hair analyzed and tested for 21 minerals and
toxic metals.  I did not test normal for any of them, and had high levels
of both copper and aluminum in my system.  The detailed profile I
received with my report described every disorder I've ever had but which
no one could ever explain to me before.

The good news is that with a temporary change in diet and supplements, I
can rid my system of these toxins.  I even considered chelation, but the
doctor thinks I can accomplish the same thing as quickly and more cheaply
through this method.  I wondered if the whole thing was a scam.  It's
fairly expensive, and much of it not covered by insurance, but when they
identified problems I've had throughout my life that they couldn't
possibly know about, I became a believer.  The same thing happened to a
colleague of mine.  If you're interested, I'll copy the report and send
it to you.  I've highlighted the areas that apply to me, and much of it does.

Regarding PD, they have found that high levels of copper inhibit the
ability of the liver to detoxify substances.  I have read that a crucial
liver enzyme seems to be missing in people with PD, making it impossible
for us to process toxic materials the way "normal" people do.  Makes
sense, doesn't it?  No one could every explain to me why I had fibroid
tumors that grew quickly, necessitating a hysterectomy, or why I had to
have a thyroid lobectomy when that gland suddenly swelled with a cyst.
Copper poisoning can cause both conditions.

There's a lot more that I won't go into here.  I'll be formally starting
the new regimen after New Year's, since it may make me ill as the toxins
are released from my cells where they have bonded and sent throughout my
system.  I'm determined to try this because it's the first attempt
anyone's made at an explanation of what's going on in my body.  I'll keep
you posted.

Happy holiday!

Pat