Marti,

Like you, I can't follow my neuro's instructions literally.  I use them
as a starting point and experiment a bit on my own.  Right now I've taken
three days off from work to adjust to sinemet CR, and I'm still fine
tuning it.  Here's my schedule so far:

5 AM: 1 CR and every two hours 15 minutes thereafter (he suggested three
hours, but that's too long).  This is my third day, and each day I've
felt the need to take 3/4 tablet occasionally, as one was too much.

Since I still work, I'm going to have to take part of a regular 10/100 to
get started, as the CR takes almost an hour to kick in.  The trick is to
avoid overlapping and overmedication.  Both evenings have been a problem,
as the medicine doesn't work at all after dinner.  I'm going out to
dinner with friends tonight, and am undecided what to do.  I'll try to
bring most of the dinner home if I'm not too hungry.  I'm seriously
considering becoming a vegetarian, except that ALL food seems to be a
problem, not just protein.

I'm thinking about retiring soon, and after that may just adjust to my
crazy schedule.  Wednesday I was "off" all evening, but everything kicked
in at bedtime, making me full of energy and ready to go, so I wrote the
Christmas cards I had put off doing earlier in the evening. I guess this
condition changes our lives in more ways than one!   Good luck.  Hope
this helps.

Pat Schark ([log in to unmask])