At 08:18 AM 12/20/95 EWT, you wrote:
>Jeff,
>        Should we support the Udall bill anyway because of its "needed and
>appropriate provisions for patient care" or just scrap the whole thing and
>stop worrying about it?  HELP!!
>Marti Eiermann

I believe that the Udall bill is worth supporting.  I am practical enough to
be able to find the loopholes and flaws yet recognize the few benefits.  If
such a program helps even a few it's worth it.  I don't expect the nature of
Gov't or national organization funding for research to change.  Regardless
of the disease, regardless of the organization.  Hypothetically, even if we,
as a computer network, had some funds to award for research, I bet you
anything that we'ld see lots of internal and external politics that would
make the nausea from Sinemet seem like fun.  There would be feeding frenzies
by researchers, attempts by national organizations to receive the funds as a
donation and who knows what all else.

Jeff