Hi Linda and welcome to the best darn group of PD'ers you'll ever meet.

My name is Joyce and I was 41 when I first was told.  You bet I was scared.
Im married the Chuck 29 years (this week) and have two sons 24/22

Since everyone with PD has different symptoms, surfice it to say that the
most important first thing to do is to find a neurologist completely familiar
with PD.  You've already done the next most important thing and that is to
find a group of fellow PD'ers who you can communicate with.   THIS IS THE
BEST PLACE   Since you are a computer person already you will find there is
an archive here of all the messages sent over a considerable amount of time.
  Send a message here and someone will tell you how to get it.

One of the frequent topics you will see is the amount of progress that has
been and is being made almost daily to improve our lives and ease some of the
emotional pains we all have and the physical pains some of us have.   The
success rate is overwhelming.

Dont be afraid to ask questions here.   Ask your caregiver (the one who is
most with you) to join in.  There is also a place for that person privately
away from the general public list to get involved.

Stay in touch.

.