> My mother has seen both internists and neurologists on this problem.  To the
> best of my knowledge the pains are fairly sharp, kind of like cramps.  Its a
> little hard for me to be accurate because I am not in my mothers local which
> is Baltimore.
>
> Bob

Bob, I'm not familiar with PD patients experiencing sharp abdominal pain
because of their Parkinsons.  It is easy for some physicians to discount
obscure discomfort and attribute it to PD. I would pursue this complaint
as possibly having some other cause if my husband was having this pain.

Constipation is a severe problem in PD patients, as is gastric reflux
which can cause severe epigastric discomfort.  Gall bladder stones can
also cause the pain you describe.  I wonder if your mom is taking any
medication to relieve her symptoms?
------
Mary Ann