>In the past 20 hours I have had two health care people tell me:
>
>"If your wife will get her meds regulated she will not experience
> the rigid/stiffness and dyskinesia because the majority of
> Parkinson patients don't have that problem once they get their
> medicine regulated".

Almost as good as the very well meaning nurse in a respite care ward Mum
was in. We had spent months tuning her drug regime, including two sessions
in hospital (this was when we were on the Apomorphine trials). The respite
care nurse kindly modified the dosage to fit in with the hospital's drug
rounds :-(

It took me a while to explain to the Sister that for once the patient might
just know best. Would have been angry but it was one of those situations
that's so serious you don't have that luxury.

After that we took the time to discuss Mum's drugs with the nurses each
time we went, and left them a sheet explaining things.

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============