Hello, all,

I am new to the list, so I thought I'd introduce myself.  My father is =
in the advanced stages of PD, having been diagnosed in 1971, when it was =
considered a fairly rare and unknown affliction. =20

He has undergone every sort of drug and physical therapy, many of them =
in the experimental stages.  He is now seriously considering a =
pallidotomy sometime in the early part of 1996, and I was doing research =
on this procedure when I saw this mailing list.  So, I though I'd sign =
up to connect with others, and to see if I could share any of his long =
experiences (and my mother's as a 24+ year exclusive caregiver).

I live in the San Francisco area, and he lives in Hawaii.  He is looking =
at a neurosurgeon in S.F., but I'm not so sure this is the right choice. =
 He has, in essence, his choice of doctors, since it is as much effort =
for him to get on a plane and come here as it is to go anywhere else.  =
Does anyone on the list have good or bad experiences with neurosurgeons? =
  Any recommendations? =20

Happy holidays, and I'm glad this list is out there!

Robert