 Last night I experienced the annoying problem of having to wipe my mouth
rather frequently at a party because of some drooling.  This happened while I
was expounding and thrilling the other party guests with my inspirational
point of view on various subjects and so, I suppose, a possible solution
would be to just keep my mouth shut.  But that is a depressing thought -- at
least for me if not my captive audience.   I was drinking hot apple cider and
am sure the cider was a significant contributing factor, but this situation
forced me to conclude that I need to start planning ahead  in order to try
and figure out how to deal this if -- as a trial lawyer -- it happens to me
in court.  I am wondering if anyone has found a solution for this problem
during those social or work situations where it causes us extraordinary
chagrin.  For example, some dentists use atropine to dry up the mouth before
the torture sessions begin.  In my own situation, it would make sense if I
could take a tiny amount of something before going into court.  There may
also be some over the counter drugs that cause dryness in the mouth.  Any
ideas out there?
    I want to pass along solution which has worked well for me so far in
regard to the softness of speech problem.  Before my diagnosis, this was
becoming a major problem.  After diagnosis and treatment -- Ropinerol (7mg x
3 and Eldepryl (5mg x 2)  -- my voice returned.  I am convinced that exercise
is the way to postpone this problem -- if I am doing research and not talking
to anyone during the day, I have problems with softness/hoarseness by the end
of the day. When I am talking during the day, I have no problems.   But
carrying on a conversation with yourself is rather boring and brings forth
the boys in the white suits.  On the other hand, singing along with Frank or
Nancy Wilson is socially acceptable -- as long as you avoid singing in an
elevator unless you happen to be as good as Frank or Nancy or Peggy or Eydie
or - - -.  It works for me and it's fun -- as long as no one else hears as I
strain and fail to match the top tenor notes of Bob Flanigan of the Four
Freshmen. PettifogJS @ AOL (Jack Stanfield, Laramie, Wyo.)