Hi Jack,

> Last night I experienced the annoying problem of having to wipe my mouth
>rather frequently at a party because of some drooling.

[snip]

My Mother had drooling problems with drooling - so much so that they were
considering irradiating her glands to stop them secreting so much. In the
end this wasn't necessary.

We used:
        - Chewing gum. Generally the stuff that comes in strips like Wrigley's,
          Spearmintm, not the small stuff like Wrigley's Extra as she tended
          to swallow that. Principle being that having something in her
          mouth would remind her to swallow.
        - Travel sickness pills (called "Kwells" in the UK). Don't know why
          these worked but they did.
        - Combination of the two. A Kwell wrapped in chewing gum.

Your mileage may vary - I've known people to try this and not have any
benefit. But its not exactly an expensive experiment :-)

>    I want to pass along solution which has worked well for me so far in
>regard to the softness of speech problem.

[snip]

>I am convinced that exercise
>is the way to postpone this problem -- if I am doing research and not talking
>to anyone during the day, I have problems with softness/hoarseness by the end
>of the day. When I am talking during the day, I have no problems.

I don't think there is any doubt that regular speech therapy for Parkinsonians:
        - keeps your voice strong
        - keeps your swallowing etc. in order

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============