Dear Jim;
 Congratulations on the Dorros Award.-well deserved'
 You introduced me to "ourlist" via Tony Fazio whom you met in Washington lst
May.
 Dear Jim, You helped me join "our list"  last May at the suggestion of Tony
Fazio.
Tony has been working assiduously all summer long, and still is in there
pitching.
I am on his committee.  Through  my GRATEFUL MED and MEDLARS ,I  research
the literature almost daily.  I also E-mailed, FAXed, and wrote letters to my
representative and Senators, as well as several chairmen of committes, the
Director of NIH, Dr Harold Varmus )who sent my letter to  Carol Brown of the
NINDS.who sent me some favorable literature. I mention my activities only to
say how deeply gratifying it is
to receive responses from so many. I feel that our work is most assuredly
being noticed, given consideration, and is affecting the thinking of the
members of our legislature.
(Goodness ! this note is lenghtening !!) WE are not discouraged. (Well,maybe
a littlethat
Congress dawdled soon Medicare et al). There many plusses ... we MUST carry
on.
(My represeentative Eliot Engel, Dist 17 the Bronx,co-sponsored.). Go UDALL-
1996
[log in to unmask]  Mary Manfredi

[log in to unmask] Mary Manfredi