Sex: Male
Years Parkinsonian: 11
Years Medication: 11
Medical Indications:
1. parkinsonism
2. apparent allergy to solanacea
3. apparent nails fungal infection
Medications:
NAME                             DOSAGE(mg X daily frequency)
1. carbidopa/l-dopa       25/250 half X 6 or 7 halves
2. selegiline                   5 X 1
3. Vitamin C                   500 X 3
4. vitamin E                    400 IU X 2
Comments:
1. started on 25/100 Sinemet x 3 per day immediately preceding meals.
gradually took more using various sizes of pills until nuisance of so many
led me to use only 25/250 size 3x/day.  Early on I took pills just before
meal.  After 4 or 5 years, took Sinemet (sole medication) 15 minutes before
meal except for breakfast.  I developed nausea which was unpleasant, but I
also frequently developed cold sweat with stomach cramps which I attributed
as being similar to (therefore resulting from brain-imprinted-replaying of)
typhoid fever illness when I was nearing 11 years of age.  This did not
occur much at noon or evening meal.  It gradually became very infrequent at
all - I now take half-pills six or seven times per day.  The first of the
day with small amount of food and grapefruit juice usually and a prune or
two.  The others with water about 30 minutes before eating the snack or
meal that is requisite to get the medication into the small intestine.
I am at the stage of considering Permax or some other dopamine agonist
since my unsuccessful trial of using Sinemet CR before retiring to
alleviate the decline of dopamine below sufficient to avoid the foot cramp
dystonia in the non-affected side - left foot and calf - that is quite
painful some times.  I tend to do without this pain if I get a half-pill
into my system upon first arousal after 5 am.
2. started taking 1 Eldepryl about 5 years ago at my request -after reading
that it helped depression for some
3. started both vitamin antioxidants about 6 years ago at 1000 mg. per day
each, now taking only two 400 IU of vitamin E - had gone to only this size
capsule which meant taking 1,200 IU per day for several years.

Ron,59,dz PD 11  <[log in to unmask]> Ronald Vetter
http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/