Dear Patrick and Friends:

I was happy to read that Patrick is still willing to undertake the enormo=
us job of=20
entering our individual profiles into a database.  It is a very exciting =
and=20
promising endeavor. I urge you all to participate.  Compiling this info h=
as been=20
an eye opener for me. I have never looked at my situation in such an anal=
ytical=20
way.
Name:   Margaret Tuchman  -- E-Mail: [log in to unmask] --  Zipcode:08540=09
DOB: 11/18/41  --    Weight: 120lbs. --   Sex:  Female --   Eye color:  b=
lue/hazel
Diagnosed: 1980
 =20
Symptoms - INCREMENTALLY
Beginning/Onset Stage                 Middle Stage                  Present Stage
pin-rolling - left hand                     rigidity                    dystonia  (neck)=20
loss of left arm swing                      dyskinesia          festination=20
micrographia (small handwriting)            insomnia                    bradykinesia
tenting of left hand                        depression          constipation
curling of toes                             foot spasm          nightmares

PD Medications
Amantadine (Symmetrel) 100mg          Eldepryl - 5mg x 1        Sinemet - 25/100 x=
 8=20
Artane                                        Sinemet  - 10/100 *       Pergolide (Permax)-=20
0.25mg x 4
Benadryl - 25mg                       Sinemet CR - 50/200*=09
Inderal                                       *dosages varied                               =20
                                              =20
Non-PD Medications
Amitriptyline (Elavil) -  25mg at bedtime as a sleeping aide
Alprazolam (Xanax) 0.25mg at bedtime as a sleeping aide & antidepressant
Premarin - 1.25mg - hormone replacement
Alternatives
Vitamin E - 800mg               BetaCarotine=20
Vitamin C - 2000mg              NADH - 10mg in the AM. on an empty stomach
Vitamin B6 -  50mg              Melatonin - 3mg at bedtime
Personal Health History:  endometriosis, total hysterectomy (1976),=20
Family History:  There is no known  PD=20
Toxic Exposure: periodic pesticide and insecticide use (before I knew bet=
ter),=20
well water, cigarette smoking.
Comments
For the past 4 weeks I have switched over to Liquid Sinemet with the hope=
s of=20
evening out the on/off periods.  It was wonderful for the first 10 days a=
nd then I=20
=93crashed=94. During my =93off=94 times I experience tremors, bradykines=
ia, slurring of=20
speech, drooling, festination. During my =93on=94 times I have dystonia i=
n my neck,=20
dyskinesia and swaying. I am currently drinking my sinemet either every 2=
 hrs, or=20
every hour depending on my symptoms . I am having a problem scheduling me=
als --=20
food (not only protein)  has a negative effect on my sinemet absorption. =
Melatonin=20
has been helpful in allowing me to sleep 5+ hours.
NADH has not  decreased my need for sinemet, but I feel that it =93may=94=
 help in=20
other ways? I am still working (decreased hours) and driving (as my sympt=
oms=20
permit). Keeping my stress level as low as possible, exercising and doing=
=20
Feldenkreis movements are very beneficial, though not always =93doable=94=
.=20
Future Plans
I am exploring VIM;  am still hesitant to pursue pallidotomy or thallioto=
my.=20
Best Wishes to All for the upcoming year!

=09

                                                                =09
                                                                =09