Hello Mira-Shelley,

at 18 Dec 95 you wrote the following about _Turning over in bed (fwd)_:

>My father-in-law diagnosed 2-years with PD has difficulty in turning
>over in bed.  This has caused him much distress, and he complains that
>a good portion of the evening is taken up trying to turn.  Has anyone a
>similar problem, and if so how does one eleviate this??

Problems with turning over in bed is a typical sign of nocturnal
hypokinesias (=impaired ability to move, similar to those PD patients
experience during the day). They are said to be very common in PD.

To give you more advice, it is important to know the medication your
father-in-law is on. If he is on Sinemet, I would recommand discussing
with your physician to give (part of) the evening dose as a slow release
form (I think it is called Sinemet CR in the states, don't know what is
the name in Canada). With this, we could improve sleep a lot at some of
our PD patients in the hospital.

>My family and I take this opportunity of wishing you all a Merry
>Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Thanks a lot, wishing you and all list members the same,

Stephan

* Stephan Blaschke, [log in to unmask], Gelsenkirchen (Germany) *