An MD, who was not a neurologist, told me that he thought that doing strenuous
exercise would use up my brain's dopamine supply faster then not doing such
exercise.  My neurologist said that he was not aware of any scientific evidence
in support of that claim.  I believe that both of them are correct.  I think it
does, and I would be surprised if this has been scientifically studied.  I'm not
suggesting that this is an important topic for Parkinson's research.  I am
suggesting that enough important topics go without research to expect this one
to have been studied.

When I was diagnosed in 1987, I was doing 300 pushups a day.  I can't do that
anymore, not every day and not without breaks.  I still do pushups every other
day.  I alternate between doing 100 good ones and (two days later) doing 300
"bad" ones, and I need to take several 3-5 minute breaks while doing them.
Perhaps to Hershel Walker (he's a football player), and to some others, this
isn't very strenuous, but it is to me.  I found that I absolutely have to prime
myself with Sinemet before I start, and I know that when I'm finished, there's
not much left.

Dr. Chase of NIH once asked me why I did these pushups.  I said "male ego."  He
looked at me sort of quizzically, as if that didn't explain anything.  The
nurse, standing behind him, nodded slowly but surely, as if she knew that male
ego could well explain the most ridiculous of mankind's actions.

I can't roll over in bed either.

Bruce