---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    A Crristmas letter to Atty Gen. Reno
Date:    95-12-22 22:35:28 EST
From:    Ryan Law
To:      PettifogJS

Fellow Parkies

For the past week or so, two of our members from Laramie Wyoming and I,
dubbed "The Shaky Three", who share our common disease, plus one other, have
been busy preparing a letter to Attorney General Reno together with a
Christmas Tome.  This was sent to her via snail mail on this past Monday so
she would hopefully have it in hand by Christmas.  While I drafted the letter
brothers Honorable Arthur Hanscum and John (Jake) Stanfield with the able
assistance of Hizzoner's lovely and good friend Sandy G. of Canada, prepared
the Tome.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.  If nothing else, she will
know that we don't always take our self too seriously.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night sleep.

RYAN, JAMIESON & MORRIS
LAWYERS
121 WEST CEDAR STREET
KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN 49007-5284
      JAMES D. RYAN

                                                                    TELEPHONE
616 382-5143
      DANIEL K. JAMIESON
                                                                 FAX 616
382-1896
      CHRISTOPHER D. MORRIS
         RONALD W. RYAN*
                                                               *ALSO ADMITTED
IN ILLINOIS
              December 22, 1995

Honorable Janet Reno
Attorney General
United States Department of Justice
10th & Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C.  20530

Dear Attorney General Reno:

As members of the legal profession, and proud of it, we take this opportunity
to extend AMERICA'S  "1st Lawyer", a hale and hearty best holiday wish.  For
your continued service to the people and the profession and by your courage
and honesty in recently announcing that you share our Parkinson challenge you
have honored us , "sister" Janet.  We. in turn, would like to honor you by
dedicating this "We, Shaky Three, Christmas Tome" to you and again extend you
our warmest invitation to participate in our PARKINSON LISTSERVE.

With the advent of the computer and the resulting Internet came the valuable
Listserve. Growing out of this developed the Parkinson Listserve which is
maintained at University of Toronto in Canada.  Presently there are over 1000
people on the LISTSERVE who are interested in Parkinson disease through out
the world.  As a subscriber to this network and as a fellow lawyer I welcome
you.  I was diagnosed  in 1992 and through the help of fellow "parkies" I
have been able to keep abreast of new developments as well as acquire a
better understanding of the disease.

As I became more familiar with this Listserve I was introduced to two other
fellow lawyers who share our common disease.   The Honorable Arthur T.
Hanscum, District Judge  of Laramie, Wyoming and John E. Stanfield also of
Laramie.  Two fine gentlemen who you would be proud to know.   For levity we
have named ourselves The Shaky Three

Once we learned of your diagnosis of Parkinson, we collectively thought it
would be nice to let you know you are not alone and accordingly extend to you
our hand (shaky or not) and welcome you and extend you our warmest invitation
to participate in our PARKINSON LISTSERVE.

Warm Regards,

  /x'

James D. Ryan
Attorney At Law

cc  Honorable Arthur T. Hanscum
     District Judge, Second Judicial District
     Albany County Courthouse
     Laramie, WY  82070

     John E. Stanfield
     Smith, Stanfield & Scott, Attorneys