Hi Bob and all,
My father-in-law was recently diagnosed with spinal stenosis. He had had
a stroke some years ago and has been on blood thinners ever since, and the
doc said they wouldn't operate for the stenosis. He has been taking
sinemet for at least 6 months also eldeprrl (sp?) which was just now
dropped for hitran (sp).[update
: they added the hitran, did not drop the eldepryl]  He has no tremor, but
has very weak legs, and
trouble getting upfrom a chair or when he has fallen. This is a guy who
played 18 holes of golf every day
until last year. He has seen NO change in his condition from the sinemet
etc..
Do I understand that one of the "clincher diganosis" of pd is a response
to the pd meds? Now I don't think he has pd at all, but maybe just the
spinal stenosis. Especially since it seems like his neuro is on a fishing
expedition with his meds. Any comment?
Maryellen in Omaha