This is the regular reminder of the CARE list, especially for new members of
the main list.  Camilla
This is an updated posting re: the CARE (Caregivers Are Really Essential)
sublist of this main PD list--a list especially for caregivers.  The need
for such a list was evident from feelings expressed that there were times when
caregivers (CGs) needed to be able to "let off steam" in a place where this
would not upset carepartners (CPs). Some of us have CG support groups, where we
 can "safely" express feelings,as well as get practical advice and share our
experiences, but many do not have such a resource. The CARE list can serve
such a purpose for them. Please be aware that this does NOT shut off CG's
participation on this main list--quite the opposite--messages may  be for-
warded or cross-posted to this list. Using CARE will be like the times in some
PD support groups when CGs and CPs meet separately for discussion.
As we do not use a listserv for CARE, here are the instructions for joining:
   1. SEND A REQUEST TO SIGN ON TO:  [log in to unmask]
   2. Jeff will send you guidelines and welcome you, adding you to the list
   3. MESSAGES FOR THE CARE LIST can be sent to me, and I will forward them
      to the whole list, unless you indicate they are for me only, and not to
      be forwarded. (marked "private")
   4. If you are able to set up your own distribution list for CARE, you may
      wish to send your messages directly, instead of having me forward them.
   5. Posts are confidential within the CARE list,unless permission is given
      by the writer to share them elsewhere.

If you have questions about CARE, please feel free to address them to me,
and I'll try to answer them promptly.
Camilla Flintermann,(CG)for Peter(CP-76/6)