I have a friend who has just acquired a permanent position as a
technical writer.  Among other things, she's writing online manuals
and help menus for new computer programs.  She's interested in finding
resources on the Internet or the Web that will help her do her job --
not directed so much at teaching and scholarship _about_ technical
writing, but at the practice _of_ it.  I'm at a loss for suggestions,
but it occurred to me there might be lots of people on the CASLL list
with connections in that area.

If you have suggestions, please let me know and I'll pass them
on (I've misplaced her email address, but I'll find it tomorrow).

                                        -- Russ

                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_ HOMEPAGE: www.StThomasU
Department of English      )_ __)_|_)__ __)   .ca/Faculty/hunt.htm
St. Thomas University        |  )____) |  EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
Fredericton, New Brunswick___|____|____|____/  FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          \                / PHONE: (506) 363-3891