     Since this message comes from a computer moron, it may not help anyone.
 Nevertheless, I am perplexed at the complaints about downloading time.   I
don't use up more than a few seconds 'downloading' messages because I am too
dumb to download.  What I do (I have Windows) is press FILE; then press SAVE
AS; give it a name & press OK.  Done.  Later, in Windows, NOT on AOL, I go
into MAIN; select FILE CABINET; select AOL.  All the Parkinsn stuff (with
titles such as lserv.par or surgery.par) is there.  I mouse to the article I
want & it is printed.

     I believe that the first time I did this I had to inform the computer
that the designation 'par' should go into winword--I bumbled around and
figured how to do this.

      I don't yet understand half the computer & internet language and
vocabulary you folks spew out (but I will learn--it's got to be easier than
French and Chinese) so I hesitate to send this message in for fear it's too
basic.  But it just might help someone.

     One advantage to AOL that no one has mentioned: they have a technical
support number (1-800-827-6364 you get a live person eventually) and are
extremely helpful answering questions.  As a beginner, I don't dare change to
a cut-rate service as I assume there would be no phone-in technical support.
 Is this correct?

                                                Sara Thomas ([log in to unmask])