[snip]

>To echo my previous posting, the simplist way to avoid the problem of AOL
>not being able to download larger messages properly is to get an account
>with an "Internet Service Provider" (ISP) as opposed to a "Commercial
>Provider" (COM) like AOL to send and receive Email.  With an ISP, you can
>run "Eudora", in my opinion the best Email program around.

This thread is a little off topic, but unless people have the tools to
handle the list's messages I guess we won't have a list :-)

Anyway, I'd like to second this suggestion of moving to an Internet Service
Provider and using a "Proper" mail program like Eudora. This setup is built
for handling large amounts of mail, whereas AOL, Compuserve aren't.

To give you an idea, I got 180 messages in my mailbox this morning - that's
a typical daily load. Eudora (the commercial version) sorted them into
different mailboxes, one for each list I am on. All the important mail is
flagged as such.

In no way do I feel overwhelmed by the amount of mail I get. I even get the
PARKINSN list as individual messages as they are easier to deal with that
way.

So, if you are feeling bombarded, get an account with an ISP. It takes a
bit longer to setup, and may not be as "smooth" to use, but it is the only
way to use the Internet seriously - and anyone on this list should consider
themselves serious users of the Internet.

The whole ISP market is growing up, and with every month that passes they
make their services easier to use (competition is a wonderful thing). So
give it a try - you don't have to quit your AOL or Compuserve account until
your happy with your ISP account.

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============