Hi all and happy 1996!  First I would like to say that over
the past month or so that I have been reading this
newsgroup I have learned a great deal and recieved a
lot of useful information.  I have been printing some of this
and sharing it with my Mother and she has really appreciated
it.  I think the big envelope of information I gave her over the
holiday finally convinced her that she should get herself
on-line.

I am a bit worried about the fact that my mother has started to
eat a very low protein diet.  I understand that a low protein
diet is helpful in enhancing the affects of some medication,
but I am a little confused about this.  My mother is not yet taking
Sinemet (she is on Eldepryl and Amantadine).  Dairy protein
she thinks is the worst.  She was already eating a pretty low
protein diet before - no red meat and a little chicken and fish.
The real reason this worries me is that she is losing weight
and having a hard time keeping her weight up.  I feel that she
already has so much to focus on (planning out her meds,
having to take some with a snack etc) that this diet thing is one
more thing she has to worry about and obsess over.  Part of me
feels that she should just eat what she likes (eveything in
moderation) - go for some ice cream now that she needs to
maintain her weight.

I would love to hear some feedback.  I feel like an over-worried
daughter!

Thanks!
Rachael Albert
Account Coordinator