> appreciated.  Also, she asks, how did you deal with the tremendous fear once
>  "you"  believed you had PD; the more positive input, the better (she's just
> coming out of denial).  Thanks again.

As a wife and caregiver I can tell you that my husband was not the only
one to experience that "tremendous fear."  Fear is part of the mourning
process.  I think we make a mistake by thinking there is a way around
it--there isn't. All of us who are involved in any way to look it in the
eye.  It's OK to be afraid.

After looking at PD long enough, your friend will discover that it is a
paper tiger.  PD is not a brain tumor, or MS, or ALS.  In short, it is
not deadly.  People LIVE with PD, make accomodations for it, and go on
doing interesting and fun stuff.  But--we all have to go through the fear
first.

Hope that your friend will see that we have each other to hold on to when
the fear tries to get us--this group helps my husband and I to keep on
keeping on.  Hope that she will join us.
----
Peace and joy
Mary Ann
Zippo's mom