to Rachael Albert, Joanne Sandstrom, and Margaret Tuchman;  Hello:

I was told by my wife's neurologist that any proteins will metabolize into
amino acids, and these amino acids WILL interfere with the therapeutic
medication currently in use for PD, particularly Sinemet which itself IS an
amino acid.  The important thing to remember is that the medication should
not be taken for at least within half an hour from any meals, and preferably
more.   This was also emphasized at a local one day seminar in the Northern
Virginia area, and this seems to have been well accepted.  My wife is
addicted to ice cream and it would not do to sacrifice it.   Good luck.

                                                                       Michel