Thanks to all on thislist who have shared their hospital/surgical
experiences with us in preparation for Peter's hernia surgery. It was done
today, and he was allowed to stay overnight--apparently the insurance
counts anything under 24 hrs as "same day", so there was no hassle re:
that, thank goodness.  I took along printouts of lists of drugs that
were contra-indicated, and a wealth of tips and cautions, as well as
welcome reassurances, from many of you--it was a tremendous help! I would
stress the importance of thorough advance planning, and assertive advocacy for
any Parkinsonians facing hospitalization. We have a tremendously valuable reser
voir of experience as a group to draw on, and so much caring for those we
only "know virtually"--what a blessing!
Camilla, CG for Peter 76/6+